Our Nation’s People are resilient. Addressing COVID-19 will be a challenge, and we need to strongly think of the needs of our people. Despite these challenges, we are confident in our resolve to meet these challenges and emerge in a good place as a Nation. We stress the importance of communication and cooperation.
Enoch Cree Nation Council and Executive staff met today March 13, 2020 to decided the following: For the period March 16th to March 27th, 2020:
• Those employees who can preform work duties from home are required to and only attend the office if needed.
• Essential Services in areas such as Health, Fire, Police, Finance, Infrastructure, Food Bank, River Cree Casino, Stores, Businesses, Wellness, Housing, Nehiyaw Pimatsowin, Water Delivery will operate as needed.
• Executive Directors and Managers will confirm a list of Essential Services staff and those employees working from home by 3pm March 16th, 2020.
• Maskekosak Kiskinomatowikamik, School Busses (on and off reserve) Daycare, Youth, Arena, Elders Depts are physically closed to all students, children and clients for this duration.
• All nation members and employees are to self isolate for 14 days if they are feeling sick or have recently traveled out of country.
The COVID-19 Enoch Cree Nation Emergency Response Team will be located at the Old Kitaskinaw School (Mamowicitowin) Building
• Emergency Response team includes reps from: Emergency Disaster Dept, Health, Mamowicitowin, Finance, Police, Elder Rep, Education, Chief and Council, Nehiyaw Pimatsowin Executive Directors.
• Current plans are being developed for:
- Food upkeep for our nation o Medicine and Health Service
- Critical Infrastructure and Housing
Departments and Managers are to make accommodations to be available to members and clients.
Enoch Chief and Council are in constant contact with Indigenous Services Canada, First Nations Inuit Health Branch, Alberta Health Services to be prepared if things change.
Your co-operation is paramount to ensure the safety of everyone on the nation.