Enoch Cree Nation
Finance Department Working Plan for COVID 19
March 16, 2020 (Updated April 22, 2020)
- Finance will be closed to the public until further notice with no manned reception at the front door or to receive telephone calls except on Monday Morning and Wednesday all day. The Finance Department’s voice message will be altered accordingly.
- Cheque requisitions can be dropped off on Monday morning for processing and pick up by Managers on Wednesday
- Only way to contact the Finance Department on other days will be by email directed to a member of the Finance Department Senior Management Team; Nick Nath, Financial Controller (firstname.lastname@example.org); Candace Burnstick, Director of Financial Reporting and Audit Compliance (email@example.com) or Keith Salmon, Chief Financial Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Front Reception – will be closed except on Monday morning and Wednesdays (Trestin Sharphead will be working from home except Monday morning and Wednesday). Trestin will also help keep the office clean and disinfected.
- Account Payable – cheques will be run once a week on Wednesday. Staff will work from home except when they are needed to process cheques (Drew Bruno, Barb Morin, Teddi Morin and Tiffany Powers)
- Payroll – Will be run every two weeks. The April 3 payroll run will be done without the requirement of timesheet submission. Payroll staff will work from home except when they are needed to process payroll (Penny Sharphead, Vanessa Picardo)
- KEA Accounts Payable / Payroll – cheques will be run once a week on Wednesday. Work will be done at home except when needed to process cheques or payroll (Natasha Wanuch)
- Health Finance – accounting work, bank reconciliations, and reporting will be done from home except when tasks required attendance in the office (Tina Papin)
- Capital Assets and Insurance – Insurance for 2020-21 needs to be renewed right away and other duties handled by working at home and coming into the office as required (Dean Alexander)
- Banking and Deposits – bank reconciliations and other duties will be completed by working at home. If deposits become urgent, attendance at the office and the bank would be required (Jannile Stevenson)
- Budget Finalization and Year-end Preparation including journal entries, accounting and reporting – will be done by working at home and time in the office as required (Nick Nath, Jules Ward, Rhonda Williams, Candace Burnstick)
- CFO – will continue with his duties and projects from home with time in the office as required (Keith Salmon)